Welcome
Welcome to opbyte, grsync, optasks Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, register by clicking the register link on the right of the top bar.

MacOS Grsync

This forum is open to any kind of discussion about grsync including feature requests, help, etc.

Postby belcirelk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:42 am

hi again,

i have a little bug in my port. Like depicted on the image, the transfert of the files works well, however grsync seems to wait for something after the end of the transfert. When i click on stop button it do nothing. If i close the the info windows manually, i got this message in the terminal and 100 % cpu. When i click on stop during the transfert, grsync is killed, but again, grsync seems to wait for something.

Code: Select all
(grsync:1239): Gtk-WARNING **: gtktextbuffer.c:1554: no tag with name 'fore-red'!

Do you have an idea of what can cause this ? it also occurs in 0.63.
Last edited by belcirelk on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
belcirelk

Postby opbyte » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 pm

hello,

I can't reproduce the bug in ubuntu.
It is quite weird, because that "red tag" part of the code is called on error only, and it looks like there are no errors on the image you posted.
There may be two unrelated issues, one with text tags and one with hanging rsync.
The former might be mac specific, because of some process execution differences compared to linux.
I'll try to have it tested by my mac-friend :-)

Thanks very much for the support!
Piero Orsoni - OPByte
opbyte
Site Admin

Postby belcirelk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Ok, i have made some more tests.

The same code on my Ubuntu don't have this problem. Howhever, in mac the problem alway occurs. I've tried with an other vesion of rsync 3.0.5 (the same as ubuntu) and still have the problem. Compiling with the standard GTK+ using X11 server also have the problem. it seems like the communication with grsync and rsync never stop after the end of the synchcronization, but only on mac system. It's not related to the packaging as the problem occurs before.

I'll also change the location of the website as my home server is not very reliable. For now the files can be downloaded here if my server is down :

http://download.tuxfamily.org/grsyncmac
Last edited by belcirelk on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belcirelk

Postby opbyte » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:54 pm

it may be a problem related to glib IO channels on the mac platform (that's what I use to talk to rsync).
did you try different glib versions?
Piero Orsoni - OPByte
opbyte
Site Admin

Postby belcirelk » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:36 pm

OK, don't work with the latest devel version of glib2.21.4 for version 0.91.
Don't work with 2.20.4 from macport or jhbuild for version 0.91.
Don't work with 2.18 too, for version 0.63.
belcirelk

Postby belcirelk » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:16 am

Hi Piero,

Here is my new page for download the mac version. It will also contains information on how to build it, make the app bundle and other mac specific things. It's still a WIP, but usable.

http://grsync-mac.tuxfamily.org/?lang=en.
belcirelk

Postby opbyte » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

belcirelk wrote:Hi Piero,

Here is my new page for download the mac version. It will also contains information on how to build it, make the app bundle and other mac specific things. It's still a WIP, but usable.

http://grsync-mac.tuxfamily.org/?lang=en.

ok I have updated grsync's homepage, thanks very much! :-)
Piero Orsoni - OPByte
opbyte
Site Admin

Postby belcirelk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

Good news for mac users : Grsync also works in Tiger..

Wildan, from indonesia, builded Grsync in Tiger (intel) : http://wildanm.wordpress.com/2009/07/28 ... 0-4-tiger/

He will send me the files and i will put them on http://grsync-mac.tuxfamily.org
belcirelk

Re: MacOS Grsync

Postby tiurlumbangaol » Fri May 07, 2010 9:21 am

Hi All.

I don't know whether it's the right place to post this.

We are using Grsync for Mac, the latest version. We have some problem with log file produced by Grsync/Rsync.

For example if we use --stats option in additional option, the log file still doesn't contain the needed information.

When we check, we found out that our mac laptop use very old version of Rsync, ver 2.6.9 (released on 2006).

Could we somehow simply update the Rsync version without interrupting Grsync? Or do we need compile Grsync again to get higher Rsync version?

Please kindly advise.
tiurlumbangaol

Re: MacOS Grsync

Postby opbyte » Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 am

Hello,

You can (and it's recommended) upgrade your rsync binary and you won't need to do any change to grsync.
That's an advantage of the GUI :-)
Piero Orsoni - OPByte
opbyte
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Help, feature requests, etc.